DG media appearances
• Greg Behrendt Show
DG appeared on an episode of the Greg Behrendt TV show. See her piece.
DG was interviewed by Helen Raptis and Dave Anderson on “AM Northwest” at KATU-TV, Portland, OR. What fun we had! They wanted my take on why midlife women undersold themselves on their dating profiles. They’d read “Are you arguing your limitations?” and like what I had to say, so wanted me to share my thoughts with their viewers.
They also found it fascinating that I’ve gone out with 75 men in 2 years. Even the crew laughed when I shared that! I’ve gotten so used to it, I don’t think of it as being funny anymore. I felt like a slacker when a friend recently shared that she dated 300 men in 2 years! But she was in her 20s and husband hunting, so sometimes met 5 guys a day!
• Maureen Langan Show on KGO
• KCBS radio San Francisco
On 4/28/07 KCBS anchor Janice Wright interviewed me about dating tips for those over 40. Listen to the short interview.
• KEX radio interviews
- DG’s interview with Steve Lindsley of ClearChannel’s KEX radio station in Portland. See “Flirting with fame — and a radio interviewer” for a recap. Listen to the short interview.
- Also, DG was on the Mark and Dave afternoon show. They wanted to know what was different about dating in midlife. They are very funny! Listen to the 7-minute interview.
• Money For Lunch (Forward to the 16:00 mark. It goes for about 15 minutes.)
• Dash Radio with Dawn Wright-de Brantes
* Eargasm radio show with Dave Gordon
• Outreach Today interview
• Girlfriend We Gotta Talk interview
Listen to Mary and Susie in fun interview with DG.
• ABC Radio/WJR Detroit interview
Lloyd Jackson interviewed DG on breaking up via text or IM. A caller even said he’d been dumped via fax! Ugh! And one caller asked DG for a date!
• Susan Friedmann’s Riches in Niches Radio
Susan Friedmann, of Riches in Niches Radio, interviewed DG about developing a niche business from scratch. There are two free 15-minute segments.
• Gayle Carson’s Spunky Old Broads radio show
Gayle Carson, of Spunky Old Broads, interviewed DG on dating over 50 (her listeners are over 50). Download the free MP3
• Dr Karen Kan’s radio show
Listen to Dr. Karen’s interview of DG.
• Dr. Jenn’s radio show
DG discussed dating after 40 and the Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 book series. Download for free.
• Ronnie Ann Ryan interview
Interview with Ronnie Ann Ryan, dating coach and author of MANifesting Mr. Right
• New York’s Newsday
• San Jose Mercury News
- The charming writer Erik Olvera featured the Dating Goddess in his Jan. 21, ’07 article, “Back in the game: Rules have changed, those returning to dating find.” He even says, “The Goddess … has become a dating guru for fiftysomethings.” He even used her ideas in his sidebar, Tips and tidbits for dating.”
- DG was quoted in an article on “Summer’s Worth of Dates: 13 Places to go for Romantic Rendezvous” by Mark de la Vina. May 27, ’07
- “Want a guy? Come to San Jose” By Jeff Thomas. 4/28/07
- Featured in “Male Call” column in the San José Mercury News. Adventures in Dating After 40 is mentioned in the syndicated column “Male Call” complete with a link to this site. The newspaper has now taken down the link to the relevant column. Wait, his column is never relevant. However, it is always funny!
Reporter Louisa Lim quotes from DG on multi-dating in her Jan. 31, ’09 article “The all-new dating game” in the national Malaysian newspaper, The Star.
• Professional Speaker Magazine
DG was featured in Professional Speaker magazine, produced by the National Speakers Association. Her successful Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 blog was highlighted, as was a quote by her.
FEATURED/MENTIONED ON THESE WEB SITES
• In top 7 Yahoo romance blogs
Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 is listed as one of Yahoo’s top 7 romance blogs.
You can get each new blog postings directly to your My.Yahoo front page. On your my.yahoo.com home page click an the “add content” link, then click the “lifestyle” link, then click the “romance” link. Scroll down, you will find Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 in the top 10! Just click on “add” and all updates will be automatically posted to your home page.
Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 is listed as only 6 blogs under “Blogs We Read” in WebMD’s Sex, Relationships & Your Health section.
Chemistry.com lists Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 in the top 10 dating blogs!
DG was interviewed in an article titled “Sex After 50: Getting Back in the Saddle Returning to Intimacy After a Divorce, Death of Spouse, Can Be Awkward and Joyous” at ABCnews.com. (Look for the quote at the bottom of page 2.)
• In WordPress’s top 100 blog posts of the day — twice!
According to Matt Mullenweg of WordPress, they host 945,545 blogs around the world. Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 is one of them. Because this blog is hosted by WordPress, they can monitor the stats.
- “Where the boys (men) are” was #57 of WordPress’s Top 100 posts of the day.
- “Do men want feisty women?” was 72 of WordPress’s Top 100 posts of the day.
So of all the millions of postings to the nearly 1 million blogs WordPress hosts, these posting were in the 100 most popular. Two postings in the top 100 in one week. Cool!
DG was featured in the article “Boomers Go Online To Rejoin Dating Scene: Expert Says Dating Like Choosing From 31 Flavors.” Read the article.
• LifeTwo.com featured contributor and podcasts with DG
Dating Goddess is pleased to be a featured contributor to LifeTwo.com. Their position is “LifeTwo is the destination for information on middle age.” There’s stuff on midlife crises, midlife sexuality, and pretty much any information on thriving in midlfe. Listen to DG being interviewed on LifeTwo.com.
• Speeddate.com interview
• SingleEdition.com interview
Karen Hamilton, Publisher of TheBestKeptSecret.com interviewed DG on her philosophies about dating after 40. Read it here.
Karen Interviewed DG again on the topic of her Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 books. Read it here.
• Featured on DivineCaroline.com
DG’s insights are now a part of the Relationships section at DivineCaroline.com.
• 55-Alive.com featured columnist
Dating Goddess has been invited to be a regular columnist at 55-Alive.com, the web site for various issues facing midlifers.
• Wellsphere.com featured columnist
Cathy Severson, publisher of RetirementLifeMatters.com and author of “7 Ingredients for a Satisfying Retirement” interviewed DG recently for her site. Read the interview.
DG is a featured blogger at RevolutionHealth.com in the Relationships section.
• OurStory featured blogger
DG is a featured blogger on OurStory.com.
• Passions Network
Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 is listed as one of only 6 dating blogs at the Passions Network. They are an “online community sites based on interests” — a free dating site.
• We are listed a great blog to read at Datemeter.com.
• Reviewed by Executive Communications
Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 was recently reviewed by Ian Griffin of Executive Communications. Read what he said.
• Barbara McNichol’s “Editing Angles for Non-fiction Authors”
Barbara featured a piece about how DG produced 15 books at once! “Wave-of-the-Future Way to Write Your Book”
DG’s article “Dating is Like Baskin-Robbins.”