Best online dating sites

I have found the most effective sites to be Match.com, Chemistry.com, and  eHarmony. I’ve also tried the following, in order of effectiveness: American Singles, SoulMate, SoulMatch, and Date.com. Specialty sites include SingleParentMeet.com and JDate.

(I have affiliate arrangements with some of the above sites.)

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Bookyone May 11, 2007 at 6:54 pm

Hi DG,

OK, I found the link, silly me, if it was any bigger it would’ve bitten me… :) I think I’ll check some of these sites out when I’m ready to start dating again.

Best wishes from bookyone :)

pam May 23, 2007 at 12:47 pm

Ok is it just me or my computer? This is all I saw for this topic. Which is the most effective site?

I have found the most effective site to be followed by Yahoo! Personals, and American Singles. I’ve also tried the following, in order of effectiveness: eHarmony, Cupid, SoulMate, SoulMatch, InterracialSingles, True and Date.com.

Jack June 20, 2007 at 9:41 am

I have been on Match.com a number of times over the past five years. There are always good people to meet there, and those truly looking for commitment and a relatinship. All you have to do is filter through the sport daters -both men and women – and you can really meet some great people on there. Another thing to beware of is the people that have been on there for seven and eight and nine years, not once changing their pictures which were already ten years old when they originally put them on there, but it just makes it all the more fun to watch

Beth September 5, 2007 at 2:24 pm

Hi,

I just stumbled across your site! Great site.

I’ve been divorced for a couple of years. I’ve never tried a dating site until a friend of mine “pushed” me into joining a couple of sites, Match, Yahoo and LavalifePrime. Anyway, I’m no longer an online dating virgin!

I personally found that Lavalife prime was more of a social dating site because men and women could email each other. Plus I could add individual entries so that people could get to know the “real” me ;)

Match has a tonne of members but it takes ages to complete your profile. Match is more of a meat market.

Rhonda Meis December 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Dear Datinggoddess,

I am so glad I stumbled upon your site.

Several years ago I gave up dating to take care of my mother, who passed away a year ago. I will always miss her, but a year of hard-core grieving helped my heart to heal enough to see my way clear to start dating again. Of course, I forgot how.

I’m 58, and not ugly, however I do remember the first-run episodes of Captain Kangaroo, and it shows.

My first stab at online dating was a couple of months ago, on Plenty of Fish. A 60 year old man who had seen me around town, recognized me and contacted me.

For a month I tolerated him constantly telling me how hot I’d be if I lost weight. Every conversation led to how I needed to lose 20#. Finally, he told me “needed time to think”. That was 6 weeks ago.

Instead of going right back online, I decided to use his humiliation as a catalyst to re-invent myself. So, I lost 30 pounds, whitened my teeth, updated my hair style and my wardrobe, and started pampering myself. I also began working on my inside: My attitude, femininity, and self-esteem. I feel transformed, and I did it in about 6 weeks. Thank God for the Grapefruit Diet and my hula hoop.

Here’s the kicker:

Last week I was told by my boss that our office is moving. I asked him where, and he google mapped it for me. It’s right next door to that guy’s house. Whaaaaaaaat? We will be sharing a front lawn, and my office window overlooks where he parks his harley.

We are moving there in 2 weeks.

Datinggoddess, is this a cruel joke, or a chance for me to exact revenge?

I know this letter is long, but I love to write, and feel a certain “kindredness” with you.

Rhonda

Barb January 1, 2012 at 8:02 am

@Rhonda….I am DYING to know how this story is going to turn out. Please give an update soon!!

johnc January 26, 2013 at 8:43 am

Kizmeet above in your links now does a redirect to christianmingle.com in case you do not know.

Neil February 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm

You should take part in a contest for one of the highest quality sites on the net. I’m going to highly recommend this site!