(Dear Readers: I knew my friend and relationship coach Amy Schoen was offering her telecourse this month so asked her to submit an article to let you know.)
by Guest Blogger, Relationship Coach Amy Schoen
The clock struck midnight on New Years Eve and you were with your friends or alone with no one to kiss. You vowed to yourself to have a significant relationship by the summer. How do you plan on making that happen?
Here are my top dating tips and strategies to get love right this year:
- Carve out time for dating and relationships: Like many professionals, you are stretched by the demands of your work, family, friends and other commitments. However, in order to succeed at love you need to make time for looking to meet someone and then for the relationship once you’ve met the person.
- Be proactive. There are so many ways to meet people from Internet dating to Meetups to joining a singles group. Try something new. Push yourself outside your comfort zone and you will meet people.
- Be open to learning how to best be in a relationship. Take a class, read a book, or work with a relationship coach. Give yourself the best chance of making the relationship move forward by learning new skills.
- Surround yourself with positive, supportive people who encourage you to stick to your dating plan, especially when it gets rough. Consider joining a support group — even a virtual one.
- Stay positive about yourself and dating. Focus on what you bring to a relationship instead of what your flaws. Nearly everyone has some positive attributes that someone will find attractive.
- Visualize yourself in a successful, happy relationship so you can see that it is possible for you to have the loving relationship that you deserve.
A new year brings new possibilities. What first step are you going to take?
Amy Schoen, MBA, CPCC is a certified professional life coach that specializes in dating and relationships. If you really ready to focus on getting love right this year, then join her upcoming 10-week “Get Love Right” telecoaching group (www.GetLoveRight.com) starting February 22nd. There are only 6 slots available for this group. The program includes 3 personal coaching sessions and support from like-minded individuals. She also reviews your Internet dating profile (or gets you online). Join before 2/15 and save $200.
Read more of her dating tips from her on her blog: www.motivatedtomarry.com for seriously minded singles. Get started today with your first personal coaching session with Coach Amy!